Old 08-06-2018, 06:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default What is this grass?

jamesmcuk wrote:

Hi. I laid a new lawn last year and it looked great. This year however
the front half seems to be thin and I some very course grass growing in
it. What is this grass it seems to grow thick stems out from the plant
horizontally squashing the other grass around it. Also where is it
likely to come from and is there a way to get rid of it?I Here is some
pics. 1 of a good patch of lawn another of a infested part and another
showing an individual offender.

looks like a grass to me.

as for remedies, probably came in with the sod you put
down, so you're going to have to talk to the people you
bought the sod from.

if you don't want it to spread take it out before it
goes to seed.

songbird