Old 10-06-2018, 02:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Does your garlic fall over in the spring?

On Sat, 9 Jun 2018 17:11:21 -0700, T wrote:

On 06/09/2018 05:59 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
Hi All,

Every spring my beautiful garlic plants fall over, like
the wind has blown the over before they scape.

This happen to you?

no. perhaps it could be the variety of garlic, but
you could put a wind-break up for them, just far
enough away so that they are not shaded by it and see
what happens...

songbird

It is purple glazer, I think.

The high winds of winter did not phase them. Haven't had
much wind this spring. And they do this every year.
They will eventually recover when they decide to scape, then
die out afterwards.

I just did a google search ... it's a common topic .. eg

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edi...lic-plants.htm

We don't grow garlic - lots of neighbours do - we scrounge ! :-)
John T.