Old 11-06-2018, 10:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Pumpkin Patch

On 6/11/2018 12:42 PM, T wrote:
On 06/10/2018 06:37 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
I finally got the pumpkin patch tilled and seeded 15 hills with 10
varieties of pumpkins and winter squash.

Do you have issues with Squash bugs in your pumpkin patch?

Â* I just a little while ago squashed a bunch of babies on an acorn
squash plant ... must have missed that patch of eggs . I try to go out
and check for eggs and just generally check the garden out most mornings
before the sun comes up over the trees . It's cooler then ... yesterday
I noticed a sweet and very nice aroma , turned out it's coming from the
flowers of the white greasy beans . I'm going to have to be very careful
to keep the fence closed and energized ... there's deers in them thar
woods . And they'll decimate a bean patch in a heartbeat .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old