Old 13-06-2018, 04:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default What soil for planters?

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018, "David E. Ross" wrote:

See "My Potting Mix" at
http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_potting_mix.html. You will find
that it takes a large amount of sand and peat moss and much effort.
However, the results are usually excellent; and it does not cost much.

I'm in Brooklyn. While the Butterfly Weed (Asclepias tuberosa) would like a
sandy soil, I think most here would not.

I need 22 cubic feet of soil. Mixing it on the deck just isn't feasible.
There is no yard. There are no wheelbarrows.

After I posted I found this Raised Bed Soil:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/206667302

I can have 15 bags delivered.