Old 13-06-2018, 03:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
John Granade John Granade is offline

Default What soil for planters?

On 6/12/2018 11:06 PM, Sheldon Katz wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 21:43:24 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

I am working on a new deck. You can see the plans he
http://donwiss.com/manuals/house/upper-deck-garden/

My first step is to buy soil. These being large planters I figured I would
buy garden soil. But the bags clearly state for in-ground use. That leaves
potting soil!?

I'm hoping to plant native perennials. Would they like potting soil?

Assuming you'll be placing clay planters in those wooden boxes potting
soil should be quite adaquate. I would definately not be placing any
kind of planting medium directly into those wooden boxes
or they'd rot within the year.

What sort of planters do they have at your HUD apartment, Sheldumb?