Old 13-06-2018, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default What soil for planters?

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 10:13:39 -0400, wrote:

I used cedar lumber for on-ground raised beds and for compost
boxes and learned that it starts to rot away after a few years when
in contact with the ground - I thought it would last longer.
The upper parts that had some amount of air-drying,
were still solid after 10 + years ..
.. not sure if teak is similar ?

All tropical hardwoods are better than non-tropical hardwoods. How the
tropical ones compare to each other I have no idea. Teak is popular on
boats.

You are correct about being on the ground is bad. I hope on the deck gets
some circulation underneath.

Don.
www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).