Old 14-06-2018, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Radishes ?

On 13/06/2018 09:51, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 23:09:08 +0100, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

On 12/06/2018 09:11, Martin Brown wrote:
On 10/06/2018 19:56, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Its about as far as my veg growing goes! but can anyone tell me why
only about half the radishes form radishes? the rest just have a small
tap root.
I space about 1" apart, and sow one row under glass and another
outside and repeat after about 10 days, but results are dissapointing

Short of water or too crowded so that the first ones to get going crowd
out the rest. They may also bolt into flower prematurely if they feel
really threatened by drought.

Just stick some more in and sow a bit more thinly. Spring onions are
easy enough the same way but grown more slowly.

OK, thanks for the responses, more water it is!

More than you want is forecast for tomorrow :-)

Few spots last night but the sun is back already!

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall