Old 19-06-2018, 01:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Jersey Royals

In article , says...

On 18 Jun 2018 14:31, Bob Hobden wrote:
On 14 Jun 2018 23:05, David wrote:
I was cleaning some Jersey Royals this evening when I started wondering.
I seem to remember in the dark and distant days of my youth that Jersey
Royals had a red eye.
No sign of any now.
Is my memory wrong?

Never seen any with a red eye and the International Kidneys** we have
grown ourselves didn't. (**correct name of JRs)

Wonder what would be the effect of growing International Kidney in a
compost strongly laced with seaweed meal? Anyone tried it?

After I've planted potatoes in the soil I cover the surface with a 6 "
layer of fresh seaweed. (Traditional method in West coast Scotland).

Janet