Old 19-06-2018, 02:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Our first tomato

On 6/19/2018 6:38 AM, songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
was picked green , and sliced , battered and fried for dinner .
Accompanying the subject tomato was cubed potatoes with butter and
parsley , fried okra -frozen, from last year's crop - and a nice chunk
of ham .

all sounds good to me.

There are so many tomatoes already on and so many blossoms , we
are going to be BURIED in tomatoes before long . We are having a *VERY*
good year !

glad to hear it!

songbird

Â* I've also got some white greasy beans about 3" long ... how big do I
want to let them get before picking some to cook green ? Everything is
just bustin' out , you can almost see the okra grow , same with the
beans and field peas . Most of my tomatoes are 5 feet tall or better and
coming over the tops of the cages except the Roma's , they're only 4'
tall . I'm going to call the county extension office and thank them ...
I firmly believe the amendments they suggested have made all the
difference . Well , that and the liberal application of rabbit droppings .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old