Old 19-06-2018, 08:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Our first tomato

On 6/18/2018 11:38 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
was picked green , and sliced , battered and fried for dinner .
Accompanying the subject tomato was cubed potatoes with butter and
parsley , fried okra -frozen, from last year's crop - and a nice chunk
of ham . There are so many tomatoes already on and so many blossoms , we
are going to be BURIED in tomatoes before long . We are having a *VERY*
good year !

I usually figured that if I was lucky I would get a ripe tomato by the
4th of July so it might have been the same for you.

My mother used to make fried green tomatoes and they were very good.

No planting this year for me. I had to get a new deck and removed pots
from the old deck last fall. Also now George Shirley's age I figured I
needed a lawn service. Never heard from George BTW.