Old 21-06-2018, 09:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default My first squash bug

On 06/20/2018 05:47 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 6/20/2018 7:11 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
death to squash bugs
death to earwigs
death to weeds

Â*Â* p.s. rumbo squash, may be too many carbs for
you, but eaten in moderation may be ok or for
others in family or just used to smother weeds
and provide a vigorous ground cover.Â*

Â*Â* repeat suggestion of trombonico squash as
replacement for zukes...Â* keep seeing people
having better luck with it in face of pest
pressures.

Â*Â* songbird

Â* I'm trying to control the squash bugs here ... this is the first year
they have been a problem . Does DiPel (BTk) or DE (I dusted a little on
the acorns last night) work at all ? I have another "natural"
insecticide , but hesitate to use it since the bees are foraging on the
blossoms . Destroying the eggs and bugs as I find them has helped , but
I missed a few ... damn them little buggers are fast !

Do you have access to ducks or chickens?