Old 21-06-2018, 09:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Our first tomato

On 6/21/2018 3:11 PM, T wrote:
On 06/19/2018 04:42 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 6/19/2018 12:09 AM, T wrote:
On 06/18/2018 08:38 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
was picked green , and sliced , battered and fried for dinner .
Accompanying the subject tomato was cubed potatoes with butter and
parsley , fried okra -frozen, from last year's crop - and a nice
chunk of ham . There are so many tomatoes already on and so many
blossoms , we are going to be BURIED in tomatoes before long . We
are having a *VERY* good year !

Hi Terry,

Awesome!Â* Green huh. Couldn't wait, could you!

:-)

-T

Me gots five (tomato) flowers.

Â*Â* You've never heard of fried green tomatoes ? Not exactly one of MY
favorites , but the wife likes 'em , so I cook them .

I have heard of them.Â* They are awful!Â* But some do
obviously like them.

I don't care for green bell peppers either.

:-)

They're not my first choice either ... but she likes them , and so I
cook them , and even eat some of them .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old