Old 27-06-2018, 04:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default TOT deterring pigeons

In article ,
says...

I've just returned from visiting friends in the Shropshire Hills where
it is very common to see Red Kites and Buzzards. However, close to my
friends house crows were nesting and if any Kite or Buzzard appeared
they were immediately mobbed by all nearby crows and driven away.

We get red kites here on the edge of town. But remember that
Kites and Buzzards are carrion feeders and do not usually take
live prey. Kites almost seem to enjoy the attention of the
crows, but seem to get tired of it occasionally and turn on
their side and "pretend" to grab at the nearest crow .... peace
descends.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales