Old 30-06-2018, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David[_24_] David[_24_] is offline

Default Quick logic check - blossom to ripe fruit on cherry tomatoes

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 13:20:30 +0000, David wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jun 2018 10:42:20 +0000, David wrote:

Various different times are given online, from 45-50 days to much
longer.

I assume that cherry tomatoes are fully ripe much quicker than full
sized ones, just based on the fact that there is less to produce.

Just looking at my first trusses and the little green fruit and willing
them on.

Outdoors (but under a roof) in East Anglia - hopefully keeping the rain
off and the dreaded blight away.

Just over 2 weeks on and the first truss seems to be changing colour.
:-)

I am hoping that fruit set to first bite will be in the region of 28
days or less.

First two eaten today - a little tart but pretty good.

So 9th June for first fruit set and 30th June for first ripe fruit.

Looks like 3 weeks/21 days. :-)

Cheers

Dave R

---