Old 05-07-2018, 12:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default How to check health of your garden

Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* I look at the diversity of insect life and the health of my plants ,
and I'm pretty sure my soil is healthy . Lots of worms , spiders ,
crickets , stuff - I use no insecticide chemicals , and it's made a
difference . It's all interdependent , if one piece is broke none of it
works right .

if you have diversity then one piece can be broken
and others will take up the gap until the piece can
recover.

but it is a dynamic system, things can change all
the time. like a few years ago i was picking Japanese
beetles off wild grape vines because there were so
many of them and i didn't want them to get on the beans.
this year and last year it wasn't so bad. etc...

songbird