Old 10-07-2018, 02:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default The Trickle

Â* Has started . A cucumber here , there a pepper , a couple of tomatoes
.... The pepper plants are so loaded I had to stake them and we've
already made a batch of pickles . The white greasy beans are easily 18"
over the top of the 5' trellis and loaded . Tomato plants are nearly all
a foot or more taller than the 5 foot cages , and loaded with fruit .
And still blooming their happy little butts off . I'm totally amazed at
the difference over last year . I was considering thinning the tomatoes
, but my go-to-girl at the co-op said that if the tomatoes are getting
good sized I'd just be throwing away part of my crop . Most of the
credit goes to the county extension service , but I think part of the
reason for this success is because I'm watering more this year . On
another note , my peppers are not what I thought I planted - well some
of them . What were supposed to be serranos are mostly , except for a
couple that look suspiciously like jalapenos ... and one of the orange
bells ain't either orange or bell , but looks like a small tomato that's
been squeezed a little flat . Ain't open pollination awesome ?

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old