Old 11-07-2018, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT question

In article , Nick Maclaren wrote:
forget - so is there any gizzmo that can be introduced between the
plug and the printer that would if the power is interrupted stay off
until I switch it back on? and if so what an earth is it called!!?

My RCD external sockets do precisely that, at least most of the time.
What's more, that's part of its specification :-)

https://www.mkelectric.com/en-gb/Pro...s/default.aspx

I forgot to say the obvious - make sure you get the active version, as
some Web sites don't clarify which they are selling. It also comes in
a double version, which I have. I had a cheaper equivalent once, but
it died - but all reports, this one is pretty durable.

As it says, the feature is also useful for garden machinery.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.