Old 11-07-2018, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R. Daneel Olivaw R. Daneel Olivaw is offline

Default OT question

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 14:31:30 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Thanks. I am a wiser man!

You should be screaming a long rant of colorful invective at the
manuracturer who allowed software in that printer to fail a very
fundimental test: "what happens if the power is dropped
unexpectedly; how to I reset everything to normal/idle.?"
That motor failure ought to be covered under warranty.
The protective circuit others suggested ought to do the trick, since
the manufacturer probably had the software written in a far away land,
and bug fixes will have to wait for the next generation of "new,
improved" printer.
So, the thermal printed label is permant under sunlight? For my own,
very amateur, garden tag I'm suprised at how few "permanent" markers
really are!

Cheers!

---