Old 17-07-2018, 07:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Tree stump

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 9:50:23 AM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
Lynn D wrote:
How can I flatten a palm tree stump to ground level? We cut it with a chain
saw but the stump protrudes above the ground by 6 to 8 inches

make sure anything nearby is marked by Miss Dig and then
rent or hire someone to grind it about a foot down below
the ground.

songbird

That's the $200 solution. Or just cut it as short as practical and
wait for it to rot. Drilling some holes in it to catch and hold
water will help it rot quicker. Mostly depends on where it is and
how noticeable. I have a stump I took the rotting approach with that's
off to the side, not so noticeable.