Old 19-07-2018, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Parker Andy Parker is offline

Default Recommendations for long border.

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message news
On 16/07/18 23:12, Andy Parker wrote:

I'm in Cumbria almost at sea level.

Does that mean sea level as on the coast, or sea level inland? It would
make quite a difference in Cumbria, as many more plants that would not
survive the cold inland would do so on or near the coast. But wind and
salt spray would be a factor to consider on the coast.

As in many other cases, have a look around in other gardens nearby to
see what is growing well, and what is not. That should give you an idea
as to what plants you would be wasting your time (and money!) on trying
to establish, and what might be worth a go.

--

Jeff

About 5 mikes from the sea so no salt spray but definitely a maritime
climate.
The problem for me in looking round gardens is that with a very few
exceptions unless it has a label on it I don't know what I am looking at!
Andy

Sorry for the delay, my news server vanished!