Old 25-07-2018, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default I need my potato onions looked at

On 07/21/2018 01:44 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
Do I now stop watering them?

if they're still actively growing i wouldn't.
i don't stop watering the onions here until they've
fallen over.

the thing with onions like these is that they
multiply so you can start using them anytime
they reach a size you want and you'll likely
have plenty of smaller replacements to replant.

dry them well and then store in a dark place
until replanting time or just take your chances
and leave some behind for every plant you harvest
and they'll likely regrow.

move some dirt aside and see how they're doing.
that's how you learn. check things out, look,
observe.

and of course put some in more than one location
because you never know what the weather and soil
will do. nice to have a few someplace as a backup
in case the other spots fail, etc. eventually you
may even find they've become too many.

for me this year, we're mowing the spot i wanted
to dig up all the garlic to get it out of there.
injuries have prevented me from getting that done
so Mom will mow it until i can get back to it.

songbird

Thank you!

Asa soon as the weather services says no more thunderstorms
for a while, I plan on digging one up and set it to drying
in the sun.