Old 25-07-2018, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jane Jane is offline

Default Miltonia flower stunted

I bought a gorgeous miltonia orchid about two years ago. The flowers were dark purple and about 2 1/2" in diameter. I kept the plant for two years hoping for new flowers and I was SO excited when I finally saw flower spikes appearing about two months ago.

Well the flowers have finally opened and they are pathetic. There are four of them and they look like teeny tiny gnarled tulips. They've been like that for at least three weeks. It's like they started to open but never finished.

I have 8 phals and they are gorgeous.

The only good thing about the miltonia is the leaves are attractive.

What did I do wrong? I treat it exactly like the phals. Is that my mistake?

Thanks.