Old 28-07-2018, 03:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Wide open

Â* The trickle has become a pretty good flow of produce from the garden
.. A batch of tomatoes (quarts) every few days , jalapenos to pickle and
serranos strung up to dry , another batch of Anaheims almost ready to
stuff and enjoy . The white greasy and Mattie Beane green beans are
struggling , both have been severely attacked by Japanese beetles - and
they're starting on the okra . I may have to resort to a chemical
pesticide if I'm going to get any beans . The red ripper field peas
however are going gangbusters , covered with pods . Cukes are slowing ,
zukes still haven't made any fruits , but the pumpkins (or butternut
squash , I'm not certain which survived) have set a few though . I
should have had my soil tested long before I did ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old