Old 30-07-2018, 01:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Preserving peppers

Terry Coombs wrote:

Â* By freezing them , that is . I read about chopping/freezing them ,
just how do you do it ? Is it portioned out for whatever selected
purpose ? Frozen in a chunk and you hack off what you need ? Cut into
chunks that you freeze on a cookie sheet ? I have some that I want to
freeze , just ain't sure about the best way - we usually use them in
small quantities , though some of these should be good in stuff like
fajitas or stir fry .

i oven roast them and then pack them into pint jars
in their own juice as i pack them down getting as
much air out as i can.

i cut them in chunky strips and put them on a large
cookie sheet to roast. then i roast them about an
hour until they start getting some burn on them. i
don't bother peeling the skin off. i eat it all a
little extra chewyness and fiber isn't going to kill
me.

they're so sweet they're like candy. i thaw them
out in the microwave and then put them in soups or
on top of other things or in sammiches, but more often
than anything i just stand there and eat them out of
jar.

songbird