Old 31-07-2018, 03:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default I need blackberry help

T wrote:
On 07/30/2018 04:04 PM, T wrote:
On 07/29/2018 10:10 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
Hi All,

I can't get my blackberry seeds to grow anywhere, except this
one little sprouting pot.

https://ibb.co/b13zuT

Question: are these sprouts really blackberries, or has I
been nurturing a bunch of WEEDS?

Â*Â* you should know what purslane looks like by now?
i thought you grew a lot of it?

Â*Â* songbird

It is similar looking in some respects, but not how
it looks as a sprout.Â* For starters, purslane sprouts
are red.

The guys are getting big enough that they are starting
to form the second growth of leaves, so ....

And purslane sprouts have much thicker stocks and their leaves
are rolled up pointing skyward (and are red). The tops of
mature purslane comes in three, fours and fives for pedals,
not perfect fours.

That being said, the pedals on these things I am nursing
look EXACTLY like purslane pedals.

It won't hurt me to keep nursing them If they turn out
to be purslane, I will just eat them. I want to wait
until they start growing mature leaves and drop their
baby leaves.

given different conditions some plants can appear
quite different.

songbird