Old 12-08-2018, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Well no wonder !

On 8/12/2018 7:50 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Seems that in the last week or two something(s) have been marauding
my tomato patch . I thought I had it better protected ... yesterday
afternoon I set up my game cam in the corner where they've been eating
their ill-gotten gains , only to discover there are 3 shifts ... late
afternoon/early evening , the squirrels dine , then after dark the
raccoons come in , followed later by the 'possums . Looks like I need to
improve the protection out there . I have to admit , the west side is
hard to get to because of the wild blackberries and I've let the chicken
wire and 'lectric wires get overgrown a little . It's been working so
well until recently that I've become complacent , and that's gotta end .
I'm not certain if they're crawling under the chicken wire or going over
, probably the latter since there are sags that weren't there when I
installed it . Either way , I'll be out there today tightening things up
in an effort to stop it - all the ripe or nearly ripe 'maters are gone ,
and they've started in on the green ones , I gotta do something or this
will be the end of tomato season for this year . And I've got a lot more
jars to fill .

Groundhogs are eating my neighbors tomatoes. Time for the Hav-a-hart trap.