Old 15-08-2018, 05:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default clippings?

On 08/15/2018 04:35 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 8/14/2018 11:17 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Three of my four Choke Berries (not cherries) are thriving.
The fourth died on me.

I read that Choke Berries can able propagate with clippings.
So, I clipped about an eight inch branch off the biggest one,
removed the leaves from the bottom four inches and stuck it
in the ground (where the dead one use to reside) up to about
four inches.

All the leaves died.Â* But the branch is still green for over
two weeks now, so I keep watering it.

What should I have done differently?

Many thanks,
-T

Lightly scraped the bark on the lower 2"-3" , dipped it in rooting
hormone , and planted it in a small flower pot . Water well , then cover
loosely with a plastic bag to retain moisture . Wait .

Thank you!