Old 15-08-2018, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Well no wonder !

On 8/15/2018 12:14 PM, T wrote:
On 08/15/2018 04:33 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 8/15/2018 12:49 AM, T wrote:
On 08/12/2018 01:41 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 8/12/2018 2:28 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/12/2018 7:50 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â*Â* Seems that in the last week or two something(s) have been
marauding my tomato patch . I thought I had it better protected
... yesterday afternoon I set up my game cam in the corner where
they've been eating their ill-gotten gains , only to discover
there are 3 shifts ... late afternoon/early evening , the
squirrels dine , then after dark the raccoons come in , followed
later by the 'possums . Looks like I need to improve the
protection out there . I have to admit , the west side is hard to
get to because of the wild blackberries and I've let the chicken
wire and 'lectric wires get overgrown a little . It's been working
so well until recently that I've become complacent , and that's
gotta end . I'm not certain if they're crawling under the chicken
wire or going over , probably the latter since there are sags that
weren't there when I installed it . Either way , I'll be out there
today tightening things up in an effort to stop it - all the ripe
or nearly ripe 'maters are gone , and they've started in on the
green ones , I gotta do something or this will be the end of
tomato season for this year . And I've got a lot more jars to fill .

Groundhogs are eating my neighbors tomatoes.Â* Time for the
Hav-a-hart trap.

Â*Â* 22-250 from 300 yards .

Do they explode when you hit them?

Â*Â* Depends on the load ... a 22-250 hollow point at 3800 fps MV , yes
. A .243 HP at 3300 , maybe if you hit the body . Regular .22 LR , no .

A rabbit/hare won't go down with a 22 LR.

Sure they will but probably not right away unless hit in the head or the
spine.