Old 17-08-2018, 05:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Well no wonder !

On 08/16/2018 09:06 AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/16/2018 11:49 AM, T wrote:
On 08/12/2018 04:50 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â*Â* Seems that in the last week or two something(s) have been
marauding my tomato patch . I thought I had it better protected ...
yesterday afternoon I set up my game cam in the corner where they've
been eating their ill-gotten gains , only to discover there are 3
shifts ... late afternoon/early evening , the squirrels dine , then
after dark the raccoons come in , followed later by the 'possums .
Looks like I need to improve the protection out there . I have to
admit , the west side is hard to get to because of the wild
blackberries and I've let the chicken wire and 'lectric wires get
overgrown a little . It's been working so well until recently that
I've become complacent , and that's gotta end . I'm not certain if
they're crawling under the chicken wire or going over , probably the
latter since there are sags that weren't there when I installed it .
Either way , I'll be out there today tightening things up in an
effort to stop it - all the ripe or nearly ripe 'maters are gone ,
and they've started in on the green ones , I gotta do something or
this will be the end of tomato season for this year . And I've got a
lot more jars to fill .

Guys!Â* Guys!

This is the proper way to deal with a squirrel!

Christmas Vacation Squirrel - National Lampoons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdiXSsFp29s

Our son last used my Hav-a-hart to catch a squirrel in his house.Â* I had
got in the space between the fireplace chimney and sleeve.Â* He opened a
vent in his living room and put the trap there but it took a couple of
days.Â* Another son had a squirrel die in the space and it cost him
nearly a thousand bucks to have a fireplace guy remove the squirrel that
another contractor to redo the outer wall that had to be cut into to get
the maggot laden squirrel out.

Oh my!