Old 28-08-2018, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default tomatoes coming in

T wrote:
Sometimes folks react to what is added to the food,
not the food itself. You garden organically, so
if you react to your own garden, then you are actually
allergic to the item.

reactive, allergic, food or digestive issues
can all be very hard to figure out without a lot
of patience.

i do know that increasing fiber in the diet
has helped a lot of various things along those
lines, but i've pretty much always been able to
eat about anything once my childhood allergies
were desensitized.

Conventionally grown product and well as organic
who cheat are covered with chemicals. And the farmers
are not responsible for most of it. The packers
ton it on way more than the farmers. A truck load
of tomatoes can be destroyed by pests in a very short order.
The math behind it is the same a for a nuclear reaction!

i don't really look into that sort of thing
because i hardly ever buy tomatoes these days.
Mom will buy the cherry tomatoes at the store
during the off season, but those are handled
quite different than the larger tomato brethren.

Here is hoping you are not allergic to tomatoes! (I
was raised in the Italian tradition too -- diabetes
in the wings!)

only if you have the disposition for it.
as of yet in the extended family on that side
very few have had diabetes or heart issues.
what usually gets us is skin cancer.

No rain at all here in the last month. My favorite
fishing hole is drying up. :'(

i wish i could have sent a lot of this rain
west as we didn't need it here. to help put
out those fires and clear up the air/ashes.

songbird