Old 07-09-2018, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default loganberry, tayberry & boysenberry

On 7 Sep 2018 03:09, " wrote:
Three years ago, I planted a loganberry, expecting its fruit to be as big and flavoursome as the ones that grew in the garden where I grew up. I was disappointed. So I'd like to replace it with something similar that bears big, juicy, distinctive and flavoursome fruit.

A friend suggested I try a tayberry or boysenberry. Which one tends to produce the biggest, juiciest, tastiest fruit, with a unique flavour?

Many thanks,
Al

Funny enough we planted a Thornless Loganberry and Boysenberry a few
years ago. The Loganberry hardly fruited and they were not as I
remembered them from my youth either. The boysenberry was a total thug,
seeded everywhere (birds?) too and again hardly fruited well. Both out
now.
Neighbour had a Tayberry and it had superb fruit and lots of them, it
also never got thuggish and is easy to train. I'd recommend the
Tayberry.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden