Old 07-09-2018, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] dghdfh@fghfghfgh.com is offline

Default Any tricks for stopping long grass growing up through shrubs?

On Friday, September 7, 2018 at 12:07:31 PM UTC+1, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 07/09/18 11:46, wrote:
Can anyone offer any tips/tricks for stopping long grass from growing up through shrubs in a border? I've got rock roses and low, spreading dwarf conifers that are affected. Is there a grass-specific herbicide?

Thank you.

Not in the UK or EU for the amateur. For example, see sethoxydim he
https://sitem.herts.ac.uk/aeru/ppdb/en/Reports/589.htm

But there are approved chemicals related to the above. Search on
"clethrodim" and "cycloxydim" for more info.

Thanks for that. Yes it seem that our Brussels rulers will only allow us Monsanto carcinogens! :-/

Al