Old 13-09-2018, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] blissettlesley@gmail.com is offline

Default Sheep resistant plants?

On Sunday, 15 April 2001 19:33:16 UTC+1, John Neale Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Nicola Taylor" contains these words:

Hi, can anyone help two non-gardeners here in the NW Highlands of Scotland,
please? We need to disguise a rather ugly wooden fence (3' high), perhaps
with a climber. Trouble is, the flippin' sheep wander all over the place
here and eat just about everything. Any suggestions for sheep-resistant
plants gratefully received.

I suggest you try gorse. It's evergreen, tough, sheep proof, and it
flowers. Clipped tight it makes a superb hedge; there used to be one
just at the entrance to Inverewe gardens. Please read the charter
about posting advertisements on this ng.

Janet

quest, though am looking for a cascading plant to cover a very ugly wall which the sheep will not eat! I have had to pay £500 to fence my front garden because of sheep, it makes me angry, I do not see why I should have to pay this, the crofters who let their sheep just roam should pay for fencing our gardens against their marauding sheep!!

Lesley