Old 14-09-2018, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default OT(ish): Pond tadpoles

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 22:02:40 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 20:06:38 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

I have a small (double) pond and still have a couple of tadpoles
swimming around. Should I issue an eviction notice or are they like
today's 35yr old stay-at-homes and they've got too comfortable in the
water?

With some taddies, occasionally the metamorphosis process doesn't kick
in, and they just hang around, usually until the following spring.

https://tinyurl.com/y8fa6bpx
https://tinyurl.com/y8nm97v7

Many thanks, this is just my 3rd year of experience. Last year we had
no tadpoles at all. But I think this year we had 3 separate lots.

The natural balance may have been upset when I accepted a bucket of
tadpoles from a neighbour when fearing I wasn't going to have any this
year. But there is algae and daphnia around, hope this winter isn't
going to be as harsh as last.

--
AnthonyL