Old 10-10-2018, 03:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default hard freeze Thurs

T wrote:

Hard freeze predicted for Thursday night (30F). So
everything gets picked Wednesday.

just some cool nights coming now and a chance of frost
but nothing certain yet. we'll see...

another week would be nice, but i don't know that we'll
get it.

have to pick any beans that might be ready if it
will actually get cold enough to frost damage them.

The zukes have already started to give it up about two
weeks ago, so this will put them out for good.

tomato plants got pulled out yesterday.

The yellow cherries FINALLY ripened this week. Won't
be planting them again next year. Take too long to
ripen.

as in the tree/bush fruit or tomatoes?

Also time to plant my garlic.

yes, that's a good time to do it.

And the cycle starts over again. I have next years
garden already planned out.

i'm always thinking of what might be happening next.

cheers, way too busy these days...

songbird