Old 13-10-2018, 12:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default minerals?

On 10/12/2018 4:18 PM, T wrote:
On 10/12/18 1:44 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 10/12/2018 3:33 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I do realize that plant will only uptake minerals from the
soil if the mineral is there to start with.

My mineral content is mainly silicon in the form of rocks.
Not all that useful to the plant.

Is there a such thing as a mineral supplement to be
added to my fertilizer?Â* I am mainly after magnesium.

Many thanks,
-T

Epsom Salts . A tablespoon worked into the soil you fill around the
plant will do just fine . Don't overdo it , a little goes a long way
. Have you had your soil tested ? Your county extension agent can do
that for FREE ! I took in 3 samples from different areas of my garden
late last winter , amended the soil as suggested . Best year ever .
Until the F)%^$@I&)squirrels found my tomatoes . I'll be taking
samples from the orchard in soon , them trees is languishin' . My
wife takes a dim view of a tree that languishes . And I'm tired of
hearing her comments about it .

Thank you!

What soil?Â* Never got it tested.

Â* Well , how about whatever passes for soil that you are growing your
stuff in ? Gotta know what it lacks or you're just ****in' upwind .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old