Old 18-10-2018, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David[_24_] David[_24_] is offline

Default Breaking news - 2nd crop fig!

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 19:32:43 +0100, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 18/10/18 15:09, David wrote:
Just discovered that our Brown Turkey has ripened as second crop fig.

There may be one or two more small ones with a chance as well.

Photo to follow.

Cheers

Sorry to put a possible dampener on it, but have you actually opened the
fig? I had one which seemed ripe, but was hard and almost white on the
inside.

I can't understand why the figs have been so slow to ripen this year
with such a hot summer.

It has split and it is a dark pink inside.

Haven't had time to post the photo yet.

Will comment on flavour tomorrow. The first crop were pretty nice.

We had no problems with figs ripening but the tree is in a pot so that
make a difference.

Cheers

Dave R

---