Old 18-10-2018, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Breaking news - 2nd crop fig!

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 19:32:43 Jeff Layman wrote:

On 18/10/18 15:09, David wrote:
Just discovered that our Brown Turkey has ripened as second crop fig.
There may be one or two more small ones with a chance as well.
Photo to follow.
Cheers

Sorry to put a possible dampener on it, but have you actually opened
the fig? I had one which seemed ripe, but was hard and almost white on
the inside.

No doubt about the ripeness in my case!

I can't understand why the figs have been so slow to ripen this year
with such a hot summer.

I think it must be *because* of the hot summer that we are seeing this
late ripening. But I can't say that my early crop was late in ripening
this year. It was in mid July as usual.

David