Old 25-10-2018, 05:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default hard freeze Thurs

wrote:
T wrote:

And the cycle starts over again. I have next years
garden already planned out.

Same here except that my gardening year usually begins in late
September or in October–depending on arrival of cooling temps.
Somewwhaat delayed this year by my inability to regain control of my
left side extremities as well of by balance well enough actually to walk
a signifant distance.

hang in there Derald,

hard frosts almost every night this week with the clear
night skies. about 10F below normal, but at least no rains
for now so i can get things done.

been working on putting up gardens and then took a detour
through the fenced strawberry patch. raising up the low part
and lowering the high part so that should make life easier in
the future to have them fairly level. in order to do that i
had to mostly dig out the low part yet another time and then
move dirt in from the neighboring high strawberry hill and
then put the top back on and then transplant. rains due
this weekend and i hope so. carrying water isn't much fun with
the hoses put up for the winter already.

otherwise, back to putting up gardens as soon as this side-
show gets done (a few more hours i hope - i.e. today/tomorrow).
i can only do a few hours a day as it is here, leg and arm
still healing.

we do what we can, when we can, that's gotta be my motto
because nothing else really works.

*hugs* - to all that need them

songbird