Old 28-10-2018, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default hard freeze Thurs

wrote:
songbird wrote:

otherwise, back to putting up gardens as soon as this side-
show gets done (a few more hours i hope - i.e. today/tomorrow).
i can only do a few hours a day as it is here, leg and arm
still healing.

we do what we can, when we can, that's gotta be my motto
because nothing else really works.

"...and so it goes.":KV. Dating myself, I suppose.

i did get the last of the strawberry patch done on
Thursday, i was hoping for a day off Friday to give my
leg some time to recover, but i was dragged (kicking and
screaming i might add as a joke, but it wasn't that bad)
to work on a garden out front. harvesting very old
decayed wood chips that had turned into perfect dark
brown humus. we took that out back and i have it in a
nice spot for using next spring.

the rains came along Saturday night and most of today
so those strawberries are getting a nice shot of watering
in and i don't have to haul water back there. *whew!*

not the best weather forecast all week, not sure how
much i'll get outside.

i have about 20lbs of beans to sort through looking for
new crosses and anything interesting along with figuring
out which of 56 piles they might go in.

it's a good thing i did segregate most of them in such
a way as it should not be all that bad. it's hard for me
to resist doing it now but i'm trying to hold off until
i get into the thicker part of winter. or should i say
thinner?

*hugs* - to all that need them

Shoot, that's certainly everyone _I_ know....

yeah, same here, i hug Mom as much as i can.

songbird