Old 04-11-2018, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David[_24_] David[_24_] is offline

Default Breaking news - 2nd crop fig!

On Sun, 04 Nov 2018 16:09:56 +0000, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 04/11/18 15:59, David wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:09:42 +0000, David wrote:

Just discovered that our Brown Turkey has ripened as second crop fig.

There may be one or two more small ones with a chance as well.

Photo to follow.

Just picked the second ripe fig.
Only a small one this time.
The smallest second crop have behaved as usual, going wrinkly and or
mouldy and I have been picking them off.

The remaining few still look healthy; if we avoid frosts, who knows?

I wish mine had done better. Have a look at this:
https://imgur.com/a/UN6pZYD

Isn't that odd? I've never seen a fig split on the tree, and it was only
partially ripe at that.

That is how our first second crop fig was - but we noticed it pretty
quickly and brought it inside. Very tasty.

We have about another half dozen small ones which are showing pink at the
base which I think means that they are ripening and not just moribund.

Don't think it will make it quite as far as Christmas figs but this is the
best season I can remember and we have had the fig in the same pot for
around 20 years now.

Cheers

Dave R

---