Old 13-11-2018, 12:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
[email protected] Nopenothere@void.net is offline

Default woodpecker visiting

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 07:07:08 +0000, Willi_9
wrote:

Thanks a lot. I didn't hear of Walter Lantz before. I'm sorry for having
delivered some kind of 'fake news'. but I'm always happy to learn
something new, so I highly appreciate your objection. best regards (W)

I know of Lantz but when you said the Disney model for Woody I sat
here and agreed. Been a long time since I watched a Woody cartoon.

The pileated woodpecker was the model for Woody though. The real
life pileated are quite large as far as woodpeckers go. Their large
size is how I know one is close by. They make a solid very audible
thunk when they peck at a tree. Not machine gun style like a smaller
woodpecker. Rather thunk, short pause, thunk and so on.

Tampa Bob