Old 18-11-2018, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries

On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 15:11:05 -0600, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

We don't own any cats. We have several 'wild' cats that move in and out
of our small farm.
Every now and then we know when one ventured to close to a big snake and
they are found dead. Cats kill small snakes. I have King snakes that
eat rattle snakes. They love
to move through a nesting area and have an early lunch. Kings don't
bother people or anything but snakes. Coral snakes look like them but
are eaten by Kings.

East Texas is home to some large and deadly snakes. The big nasty one
attacks for fun.
It can 'leap' 6-8 feet from where it is lying. Can kill a grown person
within steps from attack.

Martin

On 4/14/2016 12:44 PM, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
replying to Brooklyn1, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
Living on a farm you have barn cats that live outside year round even in
cold
climates. They are great hunters and the only issue is they get the song
birds too at times.

Bullshit, feral cats very rarely bother birds... why waste energy
hunting critters that can fly off when rodents are far easier prey.
It's house cats that people let out that go after birds... house cats
are well fed so they hunt birds for entertinment.
Barn cats don't hunt birds, barn cats hunt the rodents that are eating
the livestock feed