Old 19-11-2018, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Philodendron?

I have a plant that I inherited from my mother. Actually, it is a
rooted cutting from a rooted cutting from a rooted cutting of my
mother's plant. As she did, I have it growing in water, not soil.

A photo is at http://www.rossde.com/test/plant.JPG. Mom said it was a
Philodendron. However, there are many plants that are similar to
Philodendron but are not in that genus. Among them are nephthytis
(Syngonium podophyllum) and pothos (Epipremnum pinnatum).

Is this really a Philodendron? If so, what is the variety or species?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see