Old 24-11-2018, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] peek0703@gmail.com is offline

Default for songbird

On Friday, November 23, 2018 at 3:21:19 PM UTC-5, songbird wrote:
wrote:
www.wrightsheirlooms.com

These folks have over 80 varieties of heirloom beans.
Interesting to look at even if you are not buying.

thanks! a lot of those i've seen before, a
few i might have in one form or another.

i'm just now packaging up the beans i grew out
for this guy.

https://www.abeancollectorswindow.com/

wow! He has a great collection.

i plan on doing more next year if i can.

as the years go by i'm getting used to seeing
certain themes/patterns so that many of the heirloom
beans may be repeated as i see them in my crosses
and i know i haven't started with those beans to
begin with.

specific traits or tracing parents i cannot do
short of having a genetic sequencer so a lot of
times i have to guess as to who the parents might
have been.

i hadn't added much new seed stock to my collection
for several years (probably since you or Derald sent
me some beans) so this past season was the first time
i'd put some new genes into my mix. i'm excited
to begin seeding how they'll work out and interbreed.

i'm mostly interested in rounder beans (the
Molasses Face or Yellow Eye bean are a nice shape to
me), smaller beans and early, bush or semi-runner, but
i'll grow a few lima pole beans as we like lima beans
a lot. we grew some red ones this year and ate a lot
from those as shellies and they were pretty good.

I'm with you, my favorite eating beans are of the yellow eye type.

how are you doing?

Still kickin, maybe not as high as before. I'm still getting used to life in a wheelchair. My new handicapped equipped van should be here in about 2 weeks. Looking forward to freedom of mobility.
Steve

songbird