Old 26-11-2018, 12:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default for songbird

peek0703 wrote:
songbird wrote:
wrote:
www.wrightsheirlooms.com

These folks have over 80 varieties of heirloom beans.
Interesting to look at even if you are not buying.

thanks! a lot of those i've seen before, a
few i might have in one form or another.

i'm just now packaging up the beans i grew out
for this guy.

https://www.abeancollectorswindow.com/

wow! He has a great collection.

it is.

i'm mostly interested in rounder beans (the
Molasses Face or Yellow Eye bean are a nice shape to
me), smaller beans and early, bush or semi-runner, but
i'll grow a few lima pole beans as we like lima beans
a lot. we grew some red ones this year and ate a lot
from those as shellies and they were pretty good.

I'm with you, my favorite eating beans are of the yellow eye type.

i'm working on earlier versions of them because the
fall rains can ruin some of them. it would be nice to
have them all finished and picked by Sep 15th. so far
i have a few that fit but getting enough seeds for a
larger trial is taking me some time. luckily i can eat
the rejects (or the worms will )...

how are you doing?

Still kickin, maybe not as high as before. I'm still getting used to life in a wheelchair. My new handicapped equipped van should be here in about 2 weeks. Looking forward to freedom of mobility.

i'm glad you are further south, getting around in the
snow would likely be a PITA. i'm watching the snow come
down this morning (though with the wind it is more
horizontal than anything).

songbird