Old 03-12-2018, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Odd stories of the botanic kind?

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 02/12/2018 21:36, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 30/11/2018 23:35, rhocks wrote:
I found out that gophers/moles will pull carrots from below the soil,

Gophers might. Moles are carnivores, and won't touch carrots.

Listen to Jasper Carrot on his mole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fePU5CIHpas

I thought that everybody knew that the way to eliminate moles was
to plant mandrakes. When they pull them below the surface, the
scream kills the mole. It's important not to stand too close, of
course.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.