Old 18-12-2018, 04:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Outside Christmas LED Lights -- dull and weak....

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 18:55:49 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 7:37:00 AM UTC-8, James wrote:
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much
to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights.
I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot, and
Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.

So, I bought a set of led lights strings with C7 led lights. 50
lights on a string, total wattage of 3.7 watts. They say these are much
cheaper to run because of the low wattage. But, I have seen that you get
what you pay for. These lights are dull and weak looking.

Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas
lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?

Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!

James

LED lights are much brighter than the old fashioned incondescent
lights, but they need to be plugged into an outlet that is properly
wired... have an electrician check your circuits for polarity. Correct
polarity will save you money on your electric bill and your appliances
last a lot longer.