Old 30-12-2018, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Throwing Snow In Neighbors Yard? Illegal? LONG!!

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 GMT wrote:
replying to MICHELLE H., iLinder wrote:
You are right to be indignant

[snip]

Take lots of pictures and contact the authorities, and perhaps a
lawyer.

In the US it's highly illegal to knowingly/purposefully dump snow on a
neighbor's property. But first how much snow are you talking... when
using a snow blower often the wind blows some small amount onto an
adjacent area and even into the user's face. I plow my snow onto my
own property, however when plowing the foot of my driveway some small
amount may end up on the town roadway, which I push back onto my
property but I can't get every last molecule. Here a foot of snow or
more is typical but I can't imagine an inch or two of snow can create
a problem... an inch of snow is equivelant to a tenth inch of rain.