Old 31-12-2018, 03:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default all through the house...

In article
songbird writes:
Drew Lawson wrote:

just can't keep Mom from baking...

I have the urge, but keep resisting.

The grandchildren just don't eat enough bad stuff.

First indecisive choice -- bush or pole green beans?

how long of a season do you have? pole beans tend to
run later and longer. and do you have a place for them
to climb?

I have oodles of re-mesh (6x6 inch wire) towers, from when I was
still trialing tomato varieties. But bush were what I first grew
way back when. I have the debate between emotional and practical.

We have a pretty long season -- Ohio -- April/May through October.

i was told this morning that i need to grow white navy
beans. yuck. lol but yep, i'll grow some for next year.

With you there. But maybe coked with enough bacon . . . .

If I get spring under control this year, I hope to have a better
year. Last year, I procrastinated, and the weeds got ahead of me.

if you can find chunks of cardboard to smother them with
that can help keep things easier.

I have free mulch from the recycling center (ground brush/branches).
Based on the current view of the yard, they have way too much mulch.
But I have to actually invest the effort to do it TODAY.

Most of this year, I thought I'd do it next week, next week, next
week . . . .

I think I've learned my lesson. We'll find out in April/May whether
I did.

--
|Drew Lawson | If you're not part of the solution |
| | you're part of the precipitate. |